J. Casey Healy
"My clients rely on me for honest, objective advice and zealous advocacy."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 203-762-9000 (Ext. 305)
Casey represents major companies, developers, individuals, and lenders on the purchase, sale, construction and financing of commercial and residential projects. In the land use area, developers of retail, commercial and residential projects retain Casey for his sophisticated understanding of zoning and wetlands regulations—including open space, environmental, and other regulatory matters—and his track record for success in dealings with state agencies, municipalities, and courts. Casey has drafted amendments to municipal zoning regulations in the areas of multi-family residential developments, assisted living facilities, affordable housing, nursing homes, and congregate housing. He has also issued zoning, environmental and enforceability opinion letters to numerous lenders.
- Real estate
- Zoning, planning and land use
- Georgia (inactive) and Connecticut, 1983
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut 1984
- U.S. Tax Court, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Mark Twain Library Association, Redding, Connecticut
- Co-Chairperson: Law Office Management Committee, 1996; Land Use Committee, 1996–2005, Fairfield County Bar Association
- Member, Executive Committee, Planning and Zoning Section, 1992–1994 and 1998–2003, Connecticut Bar Association
- Emory University, J.D., 1982
- Recent Decisions Editor, Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, 1982
- Spring Hill College, B.S. in Commerce, 1978
- Born in Washington, D.C.
- Special Counsel, Wilton Police Commission, 1986–1989
- Commissioner, 1991–2002, Secretary, 1991-1993, and Chairman, 1997–2002, Wilton Parks and Recreation Commission
- Commissioner and Secretary, Wilton Fire Commission, 2002–present
- Member, Board of Directors, Connecticut Legal Services, Inc., 1989–1990
- Corporator, Ridgefield Bank, 1997–present