Ralph E. Slater
"I strive to take on my clients' tax burdens without making their financial affairs so complicated that they no longer feel in control."
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 203-762-9000 (Ext. 313)
Ralph serves clients in the areas of estate planning, trust and estate administration, and income tax planning. He designs estate plans that help individuals achieve their personal goals while minimizing taxes. He also represents fiduciaries in connection with their administration of trusts and estates and handles tax audits and appeals.
Ralph's intimate knowledge of the complexities of probate litigation and tax law enables him to obtain successful resolutions and financial savings for families and for executors of estates in conflict. Ralph has successfully defended several estates against conflicting claims by multiple jurisdictions, each asserting the right to tax the decedent or his estate.
- Connecticut, 1973
- U.S. Tax Court, 1983
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Chairman, Board of Directors, The Wilton Bank, 1985–2013
- Wilton Chamber of Commerce Director, 2005–2013 and President, 2008–2009, 2010-2011, 2011-2012
- Member, 1980–2000, and Director, 1992–1998, The Western Connecticut Estate and Tax Planning Council, Inc.
- Counsel, Town of Ridgefield Planning and Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals, 1979–1981
- Member, 1984–1986 and 1992–1998, Executive Committee, Estate and Probate Section, Connecticut Bar Association
- University of Pennsylvania, J.D., 1973
- Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, A.B., 1970