Trusts and Estates and Taxation
We provide the highest quality estate planning services in Connecticut and New York
The trusts and estates group at Gregory and Adams, P.C. provides a full range of estate planning and administration services to individuals and families. We help clients preserve family wealth and minimize income, estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes.
In addition to preparing wills and trusts of various kinds, we are active in family business planning. Clients work with our trusts and estates attorneys to develop practical solutions for ownership transfers and to minimize tax consequences.
We advise clients on charitable giving and assist them in dealing with complex issues related to the care of the very young, the elderly, and the incapacitated. In the administration of trusts and estates, our attorneys advise fiduciaries on fulfilling their responsibilities and meeting the requirements of probate and tax authorities. We encourage our clients to be as involved as they desire in the daily administration of estates.
We provide comprehensive assistance in the following areas:
- Estate planning and personal planning. We prepare wills and trusts of all kinds:
- Charitable remainder and lead trusts
- Generation-skipping trusts
- Insurance trusts
- Personal residence trusts
- Qualified domestic marital trusts
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Estate administration. We prepare all probate documents, personal and fiduciary income tax returns and estate tax returns, post-mortem tax planning, obtain appraisals and valuation discounts, assist with the sale or transfer of assets, respond to tax audits and expeditiously resolve the probate process.
- Trust administration. We represent individual and professional trustees as well as beneficiaries. We prepare and secure the settlement of trustee accounts, and prepare fiduciary income tax returns.
- Probate litigation. We represent fiduciaries of estates in conflict, and we represent beneficiaries of estates and trusts in construction proceedings, will contests, and tax disputes.
- Personal income tax planning. We offer strategies to minimize income taxes, prepare personal income tax returns, and represent individuals in connection with income tax audits.
For help with your trusts and estates and taxation matters, contact Gregory and Adams, P.C. today.