J. Vance Hancock
"I enjoy working with all types of businesses to help them efficiently work through legal issues and keep moving their business forward."
Vance has represented clients in the areas of business and commercial law for over 30 years. He provides comprehensive business counsel in the areas of the law affecting businesses, including business structure, contracts, mergers and acquisitions, import/export, tax, and dispute resolution. Vance has represented clients in diverse industries, including banking, chemical production and sale, manufacturing, distribution, architecture, digital media and consulting. Among other things, Vance has assisted clients with major information technology outsourcing and purchases, development of distribution networks, significant business acquisitions, resolution of multi-million dollar business disputes and development of export control and other regulatory compliance policies and procedures.
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- Kentucky, 1984
- Connecticut, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 1985
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1990
- Member, Board of Easton Public Library, 2005-2011
- Member, Region 9 Board of Education, 2011-present
- Yale College, 1981
- Cornell University School of Law, 1984
- Formerly with Wiggin & Dana, New Haven, CT; Consolidated Asset Recovery Corporation, Bridgeport, CT; The Southern New England Telephone Company, New Haven, CT; and Arch Chemicals, Inc., Norwalk, CT